Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm Settin' My Sights On It...

"Wisdom is in the sight of him who has understanding, but the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth." Proverbs 17:24

To have something in your sight is to focus on it. A hunter sights his rifle to be able to zero in on his target. We are to have wisdom in our sight. Wisdom should guide us and therefore keep us focused on our target....living daily for Jesus. The eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth...meaning they try everything. They haven't sighted their rifles, so to speak. When they shoot, they miss, because they have no target...or always the wrong target.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful day, even though storms are threatening. I ask You to protect those who are in the path of the storm...including us. Lord, we need the rain it could provide so very badly. You do all things well, and this is no exception. We trust You to make the provisions for all our needs. Father, I ask You today for wisdom and understanding. I want to keep my eyes focused securely on my target...living for You. Help me when I begin to wander...drag me back to where I belong. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: