Friday, August 15, 2008

I Want To Be There...

"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2

If we have been born again in Christ, we no longer live for ourselves. Our hearts now need to be set on the heavenly things. We can't be bothered with, or be burdened with things of the world. We shouldn't want to be yoked with anything or anyone who is "of the world". Our flesh should not desire or hunger for things of this life. In my heart and mind I know this. Easier said than done, though...at least for me. Each and every one of us is bombarded daily from all directions. How do we protect ourselves from "the world"? Well, Ephesians 6:11-17 does tell us to put on the whole armor of God. Ephesians 5 tells us to imitate Christ...in other words...what would Jesus do? Where would Jesus go? What would Jesus say? How would Jesus react? I think it has to be a constant state of mind. And it doesn't happen overnight. We will never reach perfection, but we're always striving toward that goal. I want to be like Jesus.

There is a new horizon out there for us. It is Heaven, where our Lord and God waits for us and where He reigns for eternity. I want to be there.

Father, thank You for this wonderful day You've blessed me with. Thank You for the news we received yesterday from the doctor. There were blessings, and there are some new issues to deal with, but Father, I know that it was no surprise to You. We will get through it. I'm not letting go of Your hand. Father, it's discouraging sometimes when I look around me and see so many things that are trying to entice me, and it scares me because sometimes I feel myself gravitating towards them. Pull me back, Lord. You know how hard I try each day to live my life as Jesus would. You know that every day I fail. In my heart I know that all You ask is that I get back up and try again. Some day I will see You face-to-face and it will all be worth it. Thank You, Father, for not condemning me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: