Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hungry?

"For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness." Psalm 107:9

Have you ever been hungry, but nothing satisfied that hunger...you might be full, but it wasn't really what you wanted...you're still not satisfied? I think that's the way people are in our country. We have a spiritual hunger, but it's not being satisfied because too often people are turning to other things, rather than God, to satisfy their hungry souls. Some turn to drugs, some to the occult, others turn to various religions that promise inner peace, but God is not in the picture. But, there are also spiritually hungry people right in our own churches. They need revival...not the kind that you schedule for the last week in April....but, a revival in the heart...repentance. Until our hearts are truly hungry for God, there will be no revival.

Father, I thank You for this day that you've blessed me with. I thank You for giving me a hunger that could only be satisfied with You. Lord, I'm so guilty of turning to other things to take away the hunger in my soul, when I know in my heart that You are all I need. Forgive me, Lord, and help me to keep my eyes focused on You. You are my provision. You are more than enough. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: