Sunday, August 3, 2008

Goin' My Way?

"Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God and he was not, for God took him." Genesis 5:21-24

Here was a man who loved God so much, and walked so closely with Him, that God did not allow him to experience death. He just took him to Heaven. I cannot imagine a person who is that close to God. Have I ever known one? I don't know...Oh, that I would be that way. Not that I want to die or anything, but to be so close to God, walking so in tune with Him. It's almost as though they shared the same footsteps.

Father, I thank You for Your precious Word, and the example of men like Enoch. I can only imagine the tender fellowship that he shared with You, walking totally in step with You... Father, I know You loved Enoch so much that You took him straight to Heaven with You. I also know that You love me just as much. But, I know that I don't walk that closely with You. I want to, Lord. I want to walk in Your footsteps. I try hard every day, but I always fall far short of being who You've called me to be. I know You love me anyway. Thank You for Your forgiveness and the chances You give me to try it all over again each day. You are the God of second chances...and third chances....and fourth chances...I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

leanne said...

what a great inspiration Enoch is. Thanks for sharing. I just found your blog and all your creations are so wonderful!