Thursday, August 14, 2008

God Makes No Mistakes...

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." Isaiah 46:9-10

God makes no mistakes. Everything He does is for a purpose. We don't know His purpose, but we can rest assured that it is perfect. He is sovereign. Whatever happens in this world is of no surprise to Him. He knows the outcome of every thought, every word spoken, every decision, and every action that will ever be taken. When things happen that we don't understand, our human nature is to question why God allowed it to happen. There's no way we could possibly know all the facts, all the end results and we don't have access to all the important information. So, we choose to live by faith. We do not have all the facts, but God does. We trust in our God to do what is right as we trust in Him for victory. God makes no mistakes. The following is a poem that my friend and co-worker Lynn sent me today. It sums this up perfectly.


He Maketh No Mistake

A. M. Overton (1932)

My Father's way may twist and turn,

My heart may throb and ache.

But in my soul I'm glad I know,

He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,

My hopes may fade away.

But still I'll trust my Lord to lead

For He doth know the way.

Tho' night be dark and it may seem

That day will never break;

I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,

He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,

My eyesight's far too dim;

But come what may, I'll simply trust

And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift

And plain it all He'll make.

Through all the way, tho' dark to me,

He made not one mistake.

Father, I thank You for this day, and I thank You for keeping us safe as we traveled to Savannah last night. Protect us while we're here and bring us home safely. Lord, watch over my family while we're away from them. Keep them under Your protective wing. Yesterday was a bad day for me, and I found myself wondering why certain things happened. Lord, I know that You are Sovereign. You make no mistakes. I may be having a terrible day, when nothing seems to go right. I may hear some bad news, or I may be sick. When bad things happen, I sometimes question why, but God I know in my heart that You make no mistakes. Everything You do is part of Your perfect plan for my life. I may never know the reasons until I meet You face to face. But, I can rest assured that You make no mistakes. When things happen in my children's lives, I know that You love them even more than I do, and You only do what is best for them. Thank You, God. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: