Sunday, August 31, 2008

Friendship...The Sweetest Fragrance...

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad, but the sweetness of a friend is a fragrant forest." Proverbs 27:9

Friends...we all need them desperately. A friend laughs with you and cries with you. They share your pain. They share your joy. They cry your tears. They are indeed the sweetest fragrance. I have met some very wonderful people through this blog, whom I consider my friends. I am truly thankful for the joy they bring into my life every day. Even as sweet as our earthly friendships are, we have a sweeter friend in Jesus, whose friendship is the one to model all others after. If Jesus lives inside you, there is no one who could be any closer. Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer. Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Thank You for the friendships in my life, Lord...for all the precious people You've brought my way. I pray now, Lord, for each person reading this that they would know You as their closest friend. Each one has their own problems and concerns and I ask you to take those worries from their shoulders and carry the burdens for them. Your Word promises this. I thank You for Your faithfulness, love, and friendship. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Linda Beeson said...

Love the little thought you shared! Neat to see and read.