Thursday, August 21, 2008

Forget the Shredded Wheat...

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

God's Word truly is a treasure to be enjoyed and savored. In my old life (I'm a new creation), I never read the Bible. My reading material consisted of romance novels and self-help books. When God changed my life, He changed what I read. I have not picked up a romance novel since that time. I can't say that I haven't read any more self-help books, but the ones I choose now are self-help based on God's help. Albert M. Wells, Jr. says there are 3 stages of Bible reading: Stage 1 is the cod liver oil stage when you take it like medicine. Stage 2 is the shredded wheat stage when it's nourishing but dry. Stage 3 is the peaches and cream stage when it is consumed with passion and pleasure. Forget the cod liver oil and shredded wheat...I'll take the peaches and cream!

Father, I thank You for this day you've so graciously blessed me with. Father, I truly love Your Word. It is life to me. I keep Your Word hidden in my heart. Lord, I don't want the cod liver oil and shredded wheat. I want the peaches and cream. Teach me to love and to live Your Word with a fiery passion. Sadly, I could be the only Word some people may ever know. If that's the case, Father, I want them to know You through me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: