Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Coincidence...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

This is my favorite verse in the Bible. It's a comfort to be in so many ways, but mostly because it helps me to remember that nothing comes to me except through the Father...it's all part of His Great Plan. In my opinion, there is no such thing as "coincidences". They are "God-incidences". My dear friend Lou and her granddaughter came over last night and brought a couple of birthday gifts to me. One of them was a beautiful Prayer Journal. At the bottom of each page in the journal is the statement, "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." I thought that was so true. God works in mysterious ways, and we never know why things happen, but God knows. He has a plan.

Father, I thank You for this day that You've blessed me with. Thank You for the plans that You have for my life. I know they are plans to prosper me and not to harm me. You have a future prepared for me and each thing that happens to me in my life only serves to bring me closer to fulfillment of that plan. I love You, Lord. Thank You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: