Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blessed Be....

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21

Job was a man, loved by God, who truly had everything...until Satan got hold of him. He lost everything he had in a matter of moments. Yet, Job recognized God's provision in his life and the sovereignty of God, and chose to bless His holy name. He knew that without God, he would be nothing...he would have nothing. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. But, we still bless His name. I wonder about Job sometimes. And I wonder how I would act if I were in his shoes....or bare feet. I'm afraid that I wouldn't react the way Job did. I'm sure I'd wail and whine and cry. Probably have more than one little pity party. Oh, that I could be like Job in his reaction to trouble.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful day, and I thank You for the example of Job. He had everything anyone could ask for, and he lost it all in a few brief moments. Lord, but he still blessed Your name. I could not imagine going through all Job went through. God, I pray that when...not if...trouble comes to me that I would be able to look up and praise You...no matter what. How hard that must have been, Lord, but he did it anyway. Father, I pray that I would never have to experience all that Job did, but I know that troubles will come...they already have. Help me to always look to You. You are the source of my strength. You are my Hope. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: