Monday, July 14, 2008

Yet I Will Rejoice...

"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls-- Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:17-18

Well, sometimes I think we have a dark cloud over our house on Huffer Road. It seems as though we're knocked down each time we manage to get back up on our feet. We're still reeling from the death of my husband's sister, who lost her battle with cancer in March of this year. Prior to that, 3 years ago, we lost his mother to cancer. Now, we have learned that my father-in-law has cancer...the bad kind...not that there's any good kind. He has pancreatic cancer that has metastasized to his liver. We have to wonder "why, Lord?". Is there no reprieve? Yesterday, Brother Chip spoke about James 1:2-4...joy in the midst of trials. The Bible says to count it all joy when (not if) we fall into various trials. This is a trial of monumental proportions. Through it all, we will be granted sufficient grace, and come out stronger in our faith. God never leaves us or forsakes us. Yet, we will rejoice...

Father, I thank You for this day that You've so graciously blessed us with. I have to wonder why we're enduring so many trials, Lord. Your Word says that You know the plans You have for us...plans to prosper us and not to harm us...plans to give us hope and a future. You only have in store for us that which will make us stronger. We rest in Your Word. No matter what, Lord, we will rejoice. We will joy in the God of our salvation. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: