Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yackety Yack...

"Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few. For a dream comes through much activity, And a fool's voice is known by his many words." Ecclesiastes 5: 2-3

Oh, my! How many of us have been guilty of opening our mouths and filling it with one (or both) of our feet? Those who know me, know that I am pretty quiet. I prefer to sit back and listen, rather than talk. I have learned that it is much better to choose your words carefully and with much thought, than just to blurt out whatever comes to mind. The times that I have done that (blurting), I usually wind up regretting what I've said.

Father, I thank You for the freedom of speech, but I ask that You keep Your hand over my mouth. Keep me from saying things that I will regret...things are not edifying...things that may tear down, rather than build up. Give me words of life, instead of allowing me to speak words of death. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: