Friday, July 11, 2008

Stubborn? Who, me?

"And He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.' Make the heart of this people dull, And their ears heavy, And shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And return and be healed."

These verses talk about the insensitivity and stubbornness of God's people. Isaiah was supposed to go and preach God's message, even though it would only prove that they didn't want to hear the truth of God's Word. So it is today, as it was in Isaiah's day. People want the truth sugar-coated. God says that if His Word has to be watered down for people, then the price for revival is too high. God's Word cannot be compromised.

Father, I thank You for the truth of Your Word. I thank You that we have Your Word to live by. I pray that I would not be insensitive and stubborn, especially when it comes to Your Word. Open my eyes that I may see...open my ears that I may hear...open my heart that I may understand. Father, I don't want to be ignorant, insensitive, and stubborn. Your Word is life to me. Let me be a living, breathing example for others. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: