Saturday, July 12, 2008

Silver and Gold....

"He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; Nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity. When goods increase, They increase who eat them; So what profit have the owners Except to see them with their eyes?" Ecclesiastes 5:10-11

The love of money is the root of all evil (1 Tim. 6:10). Wealth does not bring satisfaction. We never get enough, because what we truly long for can only be fulfilled in Christ. There's a God-shaped hole in all of us, and some people try to fill it with money. It doesn't work. Of course, the same could be true of "things"...like food, television, antiques, cars, shoes, pocketbooks, stamps (yikes!), exercise (not to worry about that one!), shopping...the list goes on and on.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful summer day. I thank You for the provisions You have blessed us with. Lord, I pray that I would not take any of Your blessings for granted. I pray that I would not be guilty of hoarding anything I have. Give me a generous heart, for I know that what's mine is Yours...it is on loan from You. Thank You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: