Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monogrammed....

"See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands..." Isaiah 49:16

We do all sorts of things to remember what we don't want to forget...email reminders to ourselves...write lists...keep our entire lives wrapped up in a Day-Runner. I even wear monograms on my clothes and jewelry so I don't forget my name! I do all that, yet still forget things at times. This verse in Isaiah reminds me that God never forgets me. Yet, I don't want God to remember me as "me", I want Him to remember me through a vision of Jesus and what He did on the cross for me. Jesus bears the marks, on the palms of His hands, of the price He paid so that when God looks at me, He sees the blood of Jesus.

Father, I thank You that although I forget many things, and at times it seems that I have forgotten You, You never forget me...You have engraved my name upon the palm of Your hands. Lord God, I praise You for seeing the blood of Jesus when You look at me. I thank You that You don't see me as I am. I would be forever ashamed. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: