Friday, July 25, 2008

The Keys...

"Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death." Revelation 1:17-18

How often has God told us to fear not in His Word? Again, we are not to be afraid. He is alive forevermore. Satan no longer holds the keys, nor any longer has power or authority. Satan's only power is in deception. He's the Father of Lies. The only power he has over us is the power we allow him to have by believing his deception. How do we discern between truth and deception? God's Word says that satan comes as a messenger of light...he's a shape-shifter...he makes himself into whatever it takes to lure us in to his deception. Then, he steals, kills, and destroys. But, God also says, 'ask and you shall receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened unto you'. We must ask God for wisdom and discernment. He will gladly give it.

Father, I thank You for this day you've blessed me with. I thank You for taking back the keys from satan. I no longer have to fear separation from You. Jesus has paid the price for me. Hallelujah! God, this is a mixed-up world we live in, where sin has been accepted as the norm, and the influences of the devil can be seen all around us. I ask You today for wisdom and discernment to know when I am faced with the devil's deception. Keep my loved ones safe from the wiles of the devil, as well. Thank You, Father, for I know that You have heard my prayer. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: