Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hold My Hand...

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid..." Isaiah 12:2

I'm a scaredy-cat. I can't walk through my dark house at night without being afraid. And don't even ask me to to go outside in the dark! If I have to go outside, maybe to take Daisy out, I make Richard stand at the door and watch. If he's not there, I turn all the lights on before I go out. I don't really think it's the dark itself that bothers me...I don't mind being in a dark room. I think it's the fear of the unknown. Throughout God's Word we are told not to be afraid. Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you..." and Isaiah 35:4, "Be strong, do not fear!" are just two more examples. Why am I afraid? I don't have to be. God IS my salvation, and I have nothing to fear. Yet, still...Maybe it's the fear of the unknown in THIS world...I don't think I'm afraid of what is beyond the grave. In my heart I know that I have nothing to fear...it's the skin on the outside that has the goosebumps!

Father, I thank You for this glorious day in Christ. Your Word tells me again and again not to be afraid. In my heart, Lord, I do trust You. Deep in my heart, I'm not afraid of the unknown beyond this world. I guess it's the evil we are surrounded with on Earth that scares me so much. Hold my hand, Father, and I won't be afraid. In times when I'm alone, in the scary darkness, let me feel Your presence surround me. With You as my Shield, nothing would dare come against me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: