Tuesday, July 15, 2008

His Delight...

"Thus says the Lord: 'Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness in the earth. For in these I delight,' says the Lord."

In other words, don't be too big for your britches. What we have comes from the Lord, whether it's wisdom, or strength, or riches. We are nothing on our own. God asks that we delight in Him, not in what He has given us.

Father, I thank You today for all You have blessed me with. I think I'm kind of smart, but I know I'm not strong, nor am I rich. Father, even my wisdom (or what I perceive to be wisdom) comes from You. Apart from You, I am nothing...I can do nothing. Help me to always remember, Lord, that what I have...what I am...comes from You...not my own wisdom, strength, or riches. I want my delight to be in You. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: