Sunday, July 27, 2008

Got Prayer?

"Moreover,as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you..." 1 Samuel 12:23

How's your prayer life? I ashamed to say that sometimes mine is not very good. I sincerely try to pray faithfully every morning. Sometimes, though, I don't. My day is usually rotten when I don't. My day just doesn't feel right. Prayer is a direct line to God, and according to His Word, if I don't pray for others, it is a sin. Prayer links our nothingness with His Almightiness. Failing to pray is sin. Some of the greatest sins are sins of omission, not commission. In other words, most often it's what I don't do that's a sin. As a parent, it makes me sad when I don't talk to my children every day. I wonder how God feels when we don't talk to Him. Prayer is so important, and as a mother, I know that my first and foremost responsibility is to pray for my family. We have no comprehension of what goes on in the Heavenlies when we pray...what kind of doors are opened, souls saved, illnesses healed, and so on. As for me, I'm making a renewed commitment to prayer today.

Father, I thank You so much for the glorious abundance of rain You blessed us with last night. It's such a welcomed and much needed gift. You always provide us with exactly what we need. Father, as I think about prayer, I cannot imagine how it makes You feel when Your children don't want to talk to You. Please forgive me for the times that I haven't come before You in prayer. I'm making a renewed commitment today, Lord, to spend time with You each and every day. I ask You to help me with this. Give me a hunger for it, and a gentle reminder when I forget. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

n2kids said...

You are not alone. I too am guilty of not giving God the time that he deserves. We must remember to not let the busyness of our day consume us to the point that we do not spend time with our Heavenly Father. He is worthy!