Monday, July 28, 2008

A Good Word...

"Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad." Proverbs 12:25

Everybody needs to hear a good word now and then. It does a body good! God's Word also tells us to be anxious for nothing (Phil 4:6). Great advice. I was talking to a friend yesterday about the number of people who take antidepressants. I know very few teachers who don't take some sort of antidepressant. That's really sad. Teachers certainly don't get paid what they're worth, so a good word to a teacher always makes her heart glad. I know...been there, done that. Still doing that. I didn't mean for this to turn into an essay about teachers, but they make a good illustration for this principle. Everyone does something well. Look for the good in someone today, and tell them about it. It will make their heart sing.

Father, I thank You for this day and for another opportunity to bless someone else as I seek to do Your will. Father, I thank You for the many blogging friends I've met who have blessed my life with their precious affirmations. It does make me feel good, Lord, and I pray that I would be such a blessing to others. How easy it is to give a good word to someone, yet so often we're in such a rush that we don't take the time. Lord, I believe that You bless us as we bless others. I pray that this blog would be a blessing to whomever reads it. Everyone who comes to this site, everyone I come in contact with throughout the day, is in need of a touch from You...a blessing. Let me be Your hands, Your heart, and Your voice. I love You, Lord. Thank You for loving me. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: