Thursday, July 31, 2008

Go Where?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: 'Whom shall I send, And who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me.' " Isaiah 6: 8

Isaiah didn't say, "Well....Lord....I would, but...." That sounds more like what I would say. It's hard to leave our comfort zones. I'm not just talking about leaving our homes and going off to the other side of the world. I mean that sometimes it's not very comfortable to leave our seat and go speak to another person who may need a word from God. But....that person is all the way over there on the other side of the room...somebody over there will speak to them. Maybe God didn't call someone over on the other side of the room. Maybe I'm the only one He called. Sometimes I get so complacent that I forget God has called ME to be His voice and His hands.

Father, I thank You for the wonderful rain You sent us last night. You always provide exactly what we need. Lord, as I read this passage in Isaiah, I'm reminded that You have called me to reach out to others...even out of my comfort zone. Isaiah didn't question You when You called him to go. Lord, help me be like Isaiah in service to You. Help me to never forget that if someone had not reached out and spoken to me 10 years ago, I might still be lost. Give me a boldness to be Your voice. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: