Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Gift...

"You take care of the earth and water it, making it rich and fertile. The river of God has plenty of water; it provides a bountiful harvest of grain, for you have ordered it so. You drench the plowed ground with rain, melting the clods and leveling the ridges. You soften the earth with showers and bless its abundant crops." Psalm 65:9-10

We've had so little rain in our part of the county this summer. Every drop is as precious as gold. Here in Georgia we have experienced drought of record proportions, while states in the Midwest have experienced floods. So often we take the things like rain for granted...that is, until it's no longer there. Then we cry out to God for mercy. He always provides in due time. Not our time...but His time...the perfect time. We can learn something from this...something about not taking things for granted. Every good and perfect gift is from above. Sometimes, for whatever reason, I think God must withhold those gifts until the time is right. Perhaps He's waiting for us. Are we ready? Have we prayed and thanked Him for His abundant grace and mercy? Or, have we forgotten Him?

God, I thank You today for Your mercy and grace. I thank You for always providing the rain as we need it. Father, I pray that I would never forget where these gifts come from, and that I would never take them for granted. Lord, send the rains to water the parched ground in South Georgia, and I will be careful to give You all the glory and honor for Your most gracious gift. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: