Thursday, July 10, 2008

Call It Like You See It...

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

As I read this verse, it reminds me so much of the things going on in our world today...where we have come to "accept" things the Bible calls evil, as okay, in the name of "tolerance". Evil is evil. Why should Christians be expected to accept things like this and go on about their business? It's not right. But, do we do anything about it? I'm afraid that I'm guilty of not doing anything to stop it. I am one of the guilty ones who have accepted evil...not all evil...but some. I allow myself to watch some things on television that I would be ashamed to have Jesus watch with me. I have allowed myself to read some things that I would be ashamed for Jesus to read. So, why do I allow it?

Father, I ask Your forgiveness today. I am guilty of allowing evils into my life...evils that society (including me) has come to accept as okay. God, Your Word says that if we are lukewarm, You will spew us out of Your mouth. I don't want that to happen to me. Help me, Father, to be strong in my convictions. Help me to call things as they are, and not to accept certain things just because society is forcing it upon me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: