Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blessings in Disguise...

"But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive." Genesis 50: 20

This is Joseph's statement to his brothers...the brothers who had sold him into slavery, yet reported him dead to their father. Yeah, that would certainly be counted as evil in my book. I would not have been very nice about it, if I had been Joseph. Yet, Joseph told his brothers not to be afraid, then he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. That is a picture of what God would have each one of us do when faced with people who had tried to destroy us with evil. We have to trust God. His Word clearly says that He can take what was meant for evil and use it for good. Imagine how that would make an enemy feel...having the evil they'd done to you, turned around into something good...blessings in disguise!

Father, I thank You for this beautiful day, and another opportunity to love and serve You by loving and serving others. I thank You, Lord, that I have nothing to fear when others try to destroy me. You can take what they meant for evil and turn it into blessings for me. Praise You! I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: