Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to School...Already?


This little Box in a Bag is a little more than 1/2 the size of the one I posted earlier. At 2-1/2" high, it's the perfect size to hold 4 Hershey Nuggets. What a cute treat for Back to School! Back to School? Maybe I'll wake up and find out that it's a nightmare. I doubt it, though. Teachers in our county are heading back to school on July 28th...next Monday! Kids come back to school on Friday, August 1st. Where did the summer go? Oh, wait a minute! It IS still summer. What happened to the "good old days" when we used to go back after Labor Day, or at least in late August? In Southeast Georgia, the temperatures are so hot in August that it's almost unbearable on the playground and bus duty. I cannot imagine being a kid and having to ride the bus home in the heat! Why, oh why? Nobody asked me...so I'll grin and bear it. Well, maybe not grin...it might be more of a grimace.


This project uses Riding Hood Red cardstock, Chalkboard Fun designer paper from http://www.designsbyreminisce.com/ , and "ruler" ribbon. I cut the designer paper at 2-1/2 x 6-1/2. The square to make the "box" bottom measures 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, scored at 1/2" on each side. The scalloped strip is approx. 1/2" wide. I would definitely recommend putting the nuggets inside BEFORE attaching the round label punch to the top. Have fun!


post signature

2 comments:

Tom said...

Anne Marie,
This is just DARLING thank you so much for sharing! I Love It! Elizabeth

Maria Gurnsey said...

i love this, the size, the paper everything, can't wait to make it!! My kids start the 19th so we get a little more "summer"