Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Would I Get a Ticket for Following Too Closely?

"Then seizing him, they led him away and took him into the house of the high priest. Peter followed at a distance. But when they had kindled a fire in the middle of the courtyard and had sat down together, Peter sat down with them. A servant girl saw him seated there in the firelight. She looked closely at him and said, 'This man was with him.' But he denied it. 'Woman, I don't know him,' he said." Luke 22: 54-57

When we begin to follow the Lord at a distance, we lose our testimony. We begin to warm ourselves by the fire of the world. Then, we begin to deny Jesus.

Lord Jesus, help me today to follow so closely to You that I cannot be separated from You. Father, let me not desire the warmth of the world's fires more than the warmth of Your love for me. Thank You for the forgiveness and grace You give when I fail. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: