Thursday, June 19, 2008

Witness...

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalm 126:5-6

Bringing in the sheaves...bringing in the sheaves...we shall come rejoicing...bringing in the sheaves... I always think of that song when I read Psalm 126. This psalm tells us basically 5 steps that God will honor if we witness: 1) Go! 2) Weep for the lost...go with a broken heart. 3) Carry forth the Word of God. 4) Don't doubt (there's that word again) ---there will be results. 5) Rejoice! This is God's promise for us. Seeds were meant to be planted, not pocketed. It's our job here on earth to carry God's Word to a lost and dying world. It's never easy, but God never said it would be. Still, we must go.

Father, I thank You for loving me enough to send people into my life who obeyed Your Word and carried it with them to share with me. I cannot...don't even want to...imagine where I might be today if those people had not obeyed Your Word. Thank You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: