Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Whosoever...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Do you remember that little Bible school song..."Whosoever surely meaneth me, surely meaneth me, surely meaneth me...whosoever surely meaneth me, whosoever meaneth me..."? Whosoever is such a funny word to me, but it has a powerful meaning in this scripture. Whosoever means anyone and everyone..male, female, red, yellow, black, white, from any country, any religion. Whosoever believes and calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. What hope! What a promise! The ball is in our court. We call the shots. It is our choice to believe or not. God will not force Himself upon us. As for me and my house, we believe and serve the Lord!

I didn't intend this devotional to be evangelical, but God apparently did. He calls it, I write it.

Thank You, God, for the precious message of hope and the promise of life everlasting through the shed blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank You for loving me, in spite of myself. Father, my prayer today is that if there be anyone reading this that does not know You as Lord and Savior, let today be the day of their salvation. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: