Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We Have Fallen...

"The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug; their feet are caught in the net they have hidden." Psalm 9:15
What a sad state of affairs...the mess we've gotten ourselves into. When someone is in trouble, most of the time, it all boils down to something they've done or failed to do. The problems our country is having at this time are of our own making. We've become so dependent upon "things" and other people, that when it all collapses, we panic. Every day we hear of different foods being removed from the market, recalled for some reason. It is almost to the point where the only "safe" food is food we've grown ourselves (in our own little gardens). That is really sad. The gas prices are going to create a snowball effect of other problems for people, not the least of which is an increase in crime. In some areas, police have discontinued patrolling the streets...to save gas. That's scary. I only live 5 minutes from my work, but it's too far to walk. We have no public transportation (besides taxis). I guess I'm going to have to "drive" one of the horses to work. It seems that we're being driven back to a simpler time. Is that the silver lining in this dark cloud? I could learn to stay home...just don't make me wear a dress and pearls to vacuum my floors...June Cleaver, I'm not!
Seriously, though, the problems we are experiencing have a far deeper root than just materialism. We've lost our first love, and replaced it with a pit.
Father, I thank You that You are still there...still on the throne...never leaving, or forsaking. You see the pit we have dug for ourselves. How long, Father, will we have to be here? Help me to be part of the solution, rather than the problem. Look down on us, Lord, and have mercy. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: