Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No Doubt...

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." James 1:5-6

Doubt...we all have it at one time or another. The scripture says we "must believe and not doubt". I think this is saying two different things to us. First of all, we must believe. God is God...He is who He says He is. Second, we must not doubt...God can do what He says He can do. Being doubtful doesn't mean you don't believe. When you doubt, you trust God...but not completely. Your heart is not totally convinced that God can and will do what He says He can do.

Father, I thank You today that You are who You say You are. You can do what You say You can do. Father, I truly believe that, yet You know that sometimes I don't trust completely. Lord, I don't want to be double-minded. Help me to completely and wholeheartedly trust You. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: