Sunday, June 22, 2008

Loose Lips Sink Ships...

"Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips." Psalm 141:3

There's that old saying, "loose lips sink ships"...sometimes they sink more than ships. When we don't watch what we say, it can get us into deep trouble. I'm not a person who talks a lot...I never have been. I really try to watch what I say and really think about what I'm going to say before I actually say it. Still, sometimes I get myself into difficult situations with my mouth. Have you ever been around someone that you were afraid to say anything personal to? I have known some dear people that I had to learn (the hard way) to be careful what I say around them...because sooner or later (usually sooner) what I had said found its way to everyone else (often distorted). I think that's kind of what the Psalmist is saying here....'set a guard over my mouth'.

Lord, I thank You for this beautiful Sunday, and for another opportunity to go into Your House to worship You. I ask You today, Lord, to set a guard over my mouth and keep watch over the door of my lips, that I might not say anything that would cause harm to myself or another person. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: