Monday, June 23, 2008

Let it Rain...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." Matthew 5:43-45

Usually, in the summer afternoons, you can see thunderclouds building up in the sky. It seems like the rain misses our little part of the county so often, though. What's so funny (not really) is that it might be raining 50 yards from our house, but not rain on us. I find myself wondering, "What are we doing wrong? Why aren't we getting any rain? Why are 'those people over there who never go to church' getting rain when we're not?" Sounds kinda selfish, I know, but truth is truth. I do think that sometimes...you probably do, too. But, God's Word says it rains on the just and unjust. So, I just have to keep praying for more rain!

Father, I thank You so much for the wonderful, life-giving rain You graciously sent us yesterday. The air smelled so clean and fresh. I ask that You continue to send rain on our parched land...on the just and the unjust. Lord, there are those in our country who have had so much rain that their homes and land have been destroyed by floods. Your Word says those things will happen in the last days. I pray for them, Lord, that the waters would recede in those areas, and that they can get their lives back together. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: