Saturday, June 28, 2008

Humpty Dumpty Sat On a Wall...

"For You will light my lamp; The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop, By my God I can leap over a wall." Psalm 18:28-29

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Do you have walls in your life? I know I have. Walls can be impossible circumstances that leave us frozen by fear, unable to do anything to help ourselves. Walls can be things that keep us bogged down, unable to move. Walls can be overwhelming because we don't know what's on the other side...good or bad. God's Word says He will light my lamp and enlighten my darkness. Those times of "hitting the wall" are truly dark times. He lights our path and shows us the way. Notice that the scripture does NOT say that He will tear the wall down, or make a way around the wall. "By my God I can leap over a wall." This denotes some responsibility on our part. We have to be willing to help ourselves get over the wall. At times we may feel as though we can do nothing...other times we might get halfway up the wall, but feel ourselves slipping back down...through God's strength, we can leap over that wall. Not by our own might...but through God. He intervenes and helps us cope as we climb it, or leap over it. We shouldn't worry about falling. The King of Kings can put us back together again.

Father, I thank You for lighting my path and illuminating the darkness in my life. I thank You that when I reach a wall, as I so often do, I have nothing to fear. Through Your strength I can leap over that wall. Help me, Lord, not to be afraid of falling. You are the King of Kings, and You will put me back together again. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: