Sunday, June 15, 2008

Enthralled....

"Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him for he is your lord." Psalm 45:10-11

It's very difficult for me to think of myself as beautiful...but God's Word says that I am. The King is enthralled by my beauty. I have always cared about what I looked like, but I've never, ever considered myself beautiful. Presentable, yes, most of the time...beautiful, no. When God looks at me, though, He sees me through eyes of perfect love...love that we cannot comprehend. In His eyes, we are all beautiful. He's the only one who matters.

Father, God, I thank You today for loving me and looking at me with eyes that view beauty and see none of the flaws that I see when I look in the mirror. Help me to remember, Lord, when I'm feeling down about my physical appearance, that Your opinion is the only one that matters...and in Your eyes, I'm gorgeous. Thank You, Lord, for being enthralled with my beauty. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: