Thursday, June 12, 2008

Better Is One Day In Your Courts...

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." Psalm 84: 10-11
I'd rather be the lowest of the low on the totem pole in God's House than to dwell in the finest mansion of the wicked. Fine things are wonderful, and make this life on earth easier (sometimes), but all that withers away. It's what we're left with that counts. I'd rather be found poor and in need of my God, than wealthy and full of my own self-sufficiency.
Lord God, help me today to live my life remembering that one day in Your courts is better than thousands elsewhere. I'd rather be a doorkeeper in Your house, than of the highest position in the lap of luxury. Lord, You know me. You know how much I enjoy the few luxuries I have on this earth. But, You must know that I'd give it all up in an instant to be in Your presence. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: