Monday, June 9, 2008

As For Me and My House...

"Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:14-15
Choose this day whom you will serve...that is a daily rededication of your life to serving the Lord...unless you choose otherwise. I have very noble intentions every morning, to live my life totally sold out to God. It seems, though, that so often, I sell out to other things. Maybe it's not a daily rededication I need. Maybe it's an hourly rededication. Some of us are stubborn. Who, me? Yes, me! I choose this day to serve the Risen Savior.
Father, I thank You for another opportunity to live my life in service to You. I fail miserably every day, but You're so faithful to pick me up and set my feet back on solid ground. You must get so tired of having to do that. I thank You, Father, that Your thoughts and ways are not like ours. I would have given up on me a long time ago. Praise You, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: