Saturday, May 24, 2008

You've Got to Stand for Something...

"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love." 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
We should trust firmly in what we believe, and have a faith that is courageous. It seems like everyday the television reporters hash and rehash stories of people caught up in cults of one sort or another. This scripture comes to mind when I hear about their plight. To be caught up in such, a person either had no faith to begin with, or had too little faith to stand and be courageous. It's like they were flailing around in the darkness, searching for something....anything....to believe in, and were drawn in by the power of that darkness. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. I just pray that the life I live before others will be one that shows a courageous faith, firmly grounded in the Word of God.
Thank you, Father, for the power of Your Word. Thank you that it turns darkness into light. Continue to shine on me, Lord, that I may provide light to a lost world. Father, may Your light shine so brightly that it reveals to me the areas in my life that don't please You. I thank You, Father, that I have the truth of Your Word, and the freedom to read it and proclaim it. Praise You, Lord! Amen and amen.

No comments: