Sunday, May 4, 2008

Thy Word I Have Treasured in My Heart

We've just returned home from church. Brother Chip spoke on Psalm 119...hiding God's Word in our heart...keeping ourselves pure.

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119: 9-16
"...I have hidden your word in my heart..." Lord, make Your Word real to me. It's not enough that I know and can quote scripture. Even the devil knows scripture. I have to live it. Make it real in me. Help me to remember that my life may be the only Bible a lost person might read. Amen and amen.

No comments: