Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Throne...

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
The throne is the place where we can find mercy, forgiveness of sins, and grace to help us overcome...just when we need it. The Word says to come boldly to the throne of grace. Have you ever noticed that when we're asking someone for something, and we already know the answer is "yes", it's much easier to ask, so we ask boldly? On the other hand, when we know we will meet opposition to our request, we are reluctant to ask? Well, as God's people. we can go boldly to the throne in prayer, and make our requests known to God, knowing that He is faithful and just to give us what we need.
Father, I thank you today for the throne of grace. If I had not been free to come before You in my times of desperation, I would still be in the pit...stuck in the miry clay. You are faithful and just, giving me exactly what I need, when I need it. Your timing is perfect. Your grace is sufficient. Praise You, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: