Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Standing in the Gap...

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none." Ezekiel 22:30

In this passage, the prophet Ezekiel expresses the need for prayer intercessors who will “stand in the gap” before God in behalf of the needs of His people. Although this was thousands of years ago, how much greater is the need today for Christians to intercede on behalf of others...the helpless, the needy, the sick...the troubled...the lost...those who don't know how to pray for themselves...and, of course, our world leaders. It is a privilege to go to God in prayer with the needs of others. Every one of us has our own way of praying. That doesn't matter. What matters is the love behind the prayer. God knows our hearts. Sometimes we feel helpless...even hopeless. That's when it's helpful to ask others to join us in our intercessions. I'm asking today, that you help me in praying for my nephew. He's in serious mental and spiritual trouble, and he desperately needs the prayers of God's people on his behalf. He's a wonderful young man who has been sucked up into things of this world that have worked to tear him apart. Please stand in the gap with me for Joshua.

Heavenly Father, I ask You today to place Joshua in the cleft of the rock and cover him with Your hand. Father, fill his mind, soul, and spirit with the power of Your presence. I plead the blood of Jesus over his life, Lord. There's power in the blood to heal Josh. I thank You, Father, for what I know You're going to do. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: