Sunday, May 25, 2008

Scaredy Cat...

The Lord spoke, and Joshua listened: "Be strong and of good courage...Only be strong and very courageous...Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1: 6, 7, 9

When we are obedient to God, He guides our steps and our stops! Joshua was obedient. Courage, rather than discouragement, brings us into the promises of God. God blessed the people of Israel because of Joshua's obedience.

Lord, I want to be like Joshua. I want to be strong and courageous, knowing that You guide my steps. You told Joshua three times to be strong and courageous. I'm afraid that You'll probably have to tell me many more times than You told Joshua...but, You know that....You know me....and You love me anyway! Thank You, Father! Amen and amen.

No comments: