Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Release Me...

"Then He said, 'Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.'" Genesis 22:2
As I read that verse this morning, God reminded me that this was a picture of how He would release His own Son for us. Releasing Isaac (or our own children) to God is not an insurance policy. God wanted Abraham to be willing, but there wasn't a promise to save Isaac. Releasing does not mean God will allow us to have our will (or that He will do it like we want), but He requires our obedience. That was one of the hardest things to do, as a mother...to release my children. However, I know that God loves them even more than I do, and He only wants the very best for them.
Thank you, Lord, for releasing your Son, Jesus, so that we might have eternal life. As a mother, I cannot fathom giving up one of my children to die for someone else. That breaks my heart just thinking about it. How broken Your heart must have been, Lord. But, God, I thank you for loving me enough to do that. Amen and amen.

No comments: