Friday, May 30, 2008

Refiner's Fire...Part 2...

"He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver." Malachi 3:3

To refine silver, it has to be put in the hottest part of the fire. The refiner cannot turn away from the process. It is refined when the refiner sees his image in the silver. What a beautiful picture this paints of how the Lord refines His children. The fiery trials that we go through are part of the refining process, yet the Refiner never takes His eyes off of us. He knows He has completed a good work in us when He sees His image in us. Don't you just love it??

Father God, thank You for being the Refiner. Although I may experience many fiery trials that I'd rather not endure, help me to remember that it's all part of being created in Your image. Some day I will see my bright, shiny, new self...a reflection of You. Amen and amen.

No comments: