Thursday, May 29, 2008

Refiner's Fire...

"The bellows blow fiercely to burn away the lead with fire, but the refining goes on in vain; the wicked are not purged out. They are called rejected silver, because the Lord has rejected them." Jeremiah 6: 29-30

Just as a refiner of silver, the Lord can bring the fires up for the purpose of skimming the dross. Yet, we keep rebelling against it, and the refining goes on in vain. Why do we keep doing this? Why do we keep refusing the Refiner's fire?

Lord, when the fires go up around me, help me to realize that it may be because I continue to rebel against You. Your purpose is to refine me like silver...skimming the dross from my life. It's never easy, Father, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: