Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Off Track and Out of Whack...

"O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water."
Psalm 63:1
It's so easy for us to get our priorities out of whack. Without a regular time with God every day, life can get off track. I find that if I ever miss my time with God in the morning, my day doesn't go well. Now, that doesn't mean that when I spend time with God before I start my day that my day is going to be wonderful. But, it does mean that I have a ready supply of God's grace to deal with whatever comes my way. It makes me feel closer to the One who knows me and loves me better than anyone...the One prepared to meet my every need.
Lord, God, thank You for allowing me the opportunity to spend time with You each morning. My soul thirsts for You. My life is so dry when I wander. You are the Living Water that quenches my thirst. Praise You, Lord! Amen and amen.

No comments: