Friday, May 16, 2008

Love is the More Excellent Way...

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13: 1-2
When I read this verse it reminded me of standing in praise, with hands upraised, and singing my heart out (scary for people around me, I'm sure) along with hundreds and hundreds of other women at the Bailey Smith Ministries Women's Retreat at Callaway Gardens. We were led by Babbie Mason, a truly gifted singer/songwriter, who wrote the song, "Love is the More Excellent Way". Love is truly the more excellent way, but that's not always the easy way. God doesn't ask us to do things the easy way. He asks us to do things His way. His love is the one we are to pattern our lives after.
Lord Jesus, help me today to live and love as You do. Though I may come in contact with people I may not particularly care for, help me to see them as You see them, and love them as You have shown us. For if I have not love, I have nothing. Amen and amen.

No comments: