Tuesday, May 27, 2008

In the Throne Room...

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; the humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together." Psalm 34: 1-3
In God's Favorite House by Tommy Tenney, he says, "Thanksgiving gets you in the gates, praise gets you in the courts, but worship takes you into His presence. We often get stalled in the courtyard and never make it to the throne room. Perhaps the low bow required when we enter the throne room and first see the King is a bit too humbling for us. Repentance has never been popular with the flesh." We know how to praise, but do we know how to worship? When we have "praise and worship" in the sanctuary, I do believe we're praising...but are we really worshipping?
Lord, help me today to understand the difference between praising You and worshipping You. I want to do both. Father, I believe that to fully experience all You have for me in this life, I must learn to worship You. I'm really good at worshipping a lot of things, Lord, but what I need...what I must do...is worship You...not only with my lips, but my heart...my whole heart, soul, mind, and body. Thank you, Lord, for what I know You are going to do in my life. I love You. Amen and amen.

No comments: