Monday, May 26, 2008

In Remembrance...

"Surely he will never be shaken; The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance." Psalm 112:6
We live in the greatest country in the world. I'm proud to be an American, and I praise God for the men and women who have fought to keep our country free. I praise Him that wars (other than Revolutionary and Civil) have not been fought on our soil. The men and women who give their lives by serving in other countries, are to be remembered for that. Our community lost a young man a few years ago, who grew up down the road from us, who went to the school where I work. He died serving our country in Iraq. In the cemetery at the church where he is buried, is a beautiful memorial to his life and service to his country. I remember him each day as I drive by to and from work. He is just one of an untold number who have given their lives for our freedom. Let us pause this day to remember.
Thank You, God, for allowing me to live in this country. Thank You for the men and women whom You have placed in service to defend our nation. Bless their efforts, Lord, and if there be any of them that don't know You, may this day be the day of their salvation. Amen and amen.

1 comment:

#Donna# said...

Amen, Anne Marie, my own son is doing his first tour in iraq very soon and although i worry about him all the time, i am very very proud of him, my little soldier boy. Welcome to the SBS18, i look forward to getting to know you and being inspired by your beautiful work. x