Monday, May 19, 2008

Hold My Hand...

"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'" Isaiah 41:13

I don't know about you, but sometimes I wake up in the night with terror gripping my heart. Some may say it's a panic attack, or a subconscious dream, or whatever. I believe, though, that it's a strong prompting to pray for someone. I remember very clearly one night a little after 11:00 pm, I was awakened from a dead sleep with that kind of fear in my heart. I had a strong urge to pray for my daughter. The feeling was so strong that it made me cry. The next day I saw my daughter's mother-in-law and she asked if I had talked to Stella that morning. After I told her no, she explained that Stella and her husband had been in an accident in Jacksonville at a little after 11:00 the night before. I know I turned as white as a ghost. It was all I could do to make it back to my car, I was shaking so badly. I cried and praised God for His goodness and mercy. My daughter was not hurt, nor was her husband. I vowed then and there that anytime I felt that prompting, I would pray. So, I try to be still and listen in my spirit for a name, and if I receive one, that is who I pray for. Other times, nothing comes to me, so I just pray.

Lord, I thank You for the promises in Your Word. You've told us that we have nothing to fear...You will hold our hand. Praise you, Lord. Amen and amen.

No comments: