Saturday, May 3, 2008

For This Child I Have Prayed...

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." 1 Samuel 1:27-28
What a beautiful scripture. For this child I have prayed... On Easter Sunday, our daughter announced that she is expecting a baby in November. I believe that is most glorious feeling that I've ever had. Indeed, I have prayed for this baby, for a loooonnnnnggg, long time. Stella has been married for 8 years, but no baby. This will be our first grandchild, and my parents' first great-grandchild. For so many years, while my children were growing up, I did not know the Lord. Yes, I knew who He was, but I did not know Him. In 1998, my life was radically changed when I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior of my life. I have struggled with guilt for the past ten years, though. Guilt over the fact that I did not raise my children to be closer to the Lord. They both accepted Jesus after I did, and I praise God for that. Yet, somehow I cannot forget those previous years...years that I'll never get back. This verse is very special to me for that reason. God has graciously given me another opportunity. We do not even know whether this baby will be a boy or girl, but I have given my grandbaby to the Lord. I want to do it right this time.

No comments: