Friday, May 2, 2008

Boundaries

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV



The word "stress" comes to mind when I read those verses. When the events in our lives overwhelm us, we experience mental and physical tension. God designed us to handle a certain amount of stress. The problem comes in when we push ourselves beyond our limitations. I push myself to do more, to be the best at what I do, and that causes me untold problems. Instead, I should rest in His presence, knowing that whatever He has planned for me to do, He will also equip me to handle. Easier said than done, of course. It's a shame that so many times I go and go and go until the Lord has to place something in my path to slow me down, or stop me from causing myself further problems. Lord, thank you today for loving me so much that You are willing to stop me from doing things that will bring adversity into my life. Teach me to come to You and learn from You, for You are gentle and humble in heart. In You I can find rest. Thank you, Jesus. Amen and amen.

No comments: